Ballarat Begonia Festival 2017
11 - 13 March, 10am - 5pm
"The Ballarat Botanical Gardens covers 40 hectares divided into three distinct zones - the central Botanical Gardens which preserves the 'gardenesque' style of the Victorian pleasure garden, and open parkland buffers on either side are known as the North and South Gardens.
The Ballarat Botanical Gardens is one of Australias most significant cool climate gardens, containing a remarkable collection of mature trees and marble statues set among colourful bedding displays. Located on the western shore of Lake Wendouree, approximately 4km from Ballarat CBD, the Gardens is an invaluable heritage and recreational resource."
Download the 2017 Begonia Festival program here (pdf).
The 2017 program features:
- Celebrity Gardener Jason Hodges
- Garden Talks (brought to you by Central Highlands Water)
- DIY Demonstrations (in association with Bunnings)
- The Alkazar, a comedy and circus show tent featuring: Eloise Green - interactive comedy with Hula hoops,The Great Dave - English comedy and circus, Liam Power - magician, and Corie Hurry - high skilled chair balance.
- Live entertainment: Chunky Jam Trio, Avatar Duo, Sugar Blue Duo, James Leroy Duo, Alexjandro, Chris Morant (street performer).
- LEGO Trail Competition
- Begonia Display
- Floral Tunnel
- Plant Creche
- Super Sandpit
- Little Languages Storytelling
- Foost Cooking
- Art Exhibitions
- Spinning & Weaving
- Garden Games
- Fish Hatchery
- Global Village (Monday)
- Free Vintage Tram Rides
- Free Train & Ride
- and much more.....
Please visit the website for full details www.ballaratbegoniafestival.com