Membership - Become a Friend
Why not become a member of the Friends and support the wonderful Ballarat Botanical Gardens! Anybody can become a member, regardless of age, ability or experience. You can be involved as much or as little as you like. Some Friends take an active role while others join to support the Gardens financially.
Our active members enjoy the social connection of like-minded members while contributing to the Friends many projects. There are a number of Friends groups you can join and you will be welcomed warmly no matter what your skills.
Other not-so-active members are just happy to make a financial contribution to a worthy cause and to be kept informed about activities taking place in the gardens.
Benefits enjoyed by members
- Supporting the growth and development of the Gardens
- Making new 'Friends' with similar interests
- Learning new skills and sharing your skills
- Access to the Horticultural Reference Library and Historical Collection housed in the George Longley Building
- Friends quarterly newsletter - Wellingtonia and 'Friend News' emails
- Invitations to special events including Open Gardens, special Guest Speakers, tours of amazing public and private gardens and workshops.
- Being a valuable financial Supporter
Please show your current membership card to obtain the following discounts:
- Discount of $2 on plants from the Growing Friends Nursery behind the Robert Clark Centre and from the Plant Trolley outside the Conservatory.
- Spot on Pots - 10%.
- Ballarat Wild Plants, 435 Joseph Street, Ballarat East (by appointment only, call 5333 5548) - 10%.
- Avalon Nursery, 41 Kopkes Road, Haddon, telephone 5342 4519 - 5%.
- Formosa Gardens Nursery, Leith Street, Ballarat - 5%.
New Members/Renewal Form
If you would like to become a member please download a form to edit and email or send back to our office. Forms are also available at the Friends office in the George Longley Building Tue 1:4pm Download an editable Membership Form in Word or Download a Membership Form (.PDF)
Our Membership Guide gives more information on becoming a member Download a Membership Guide
Volunteering with the Friends brings rewarding social benefits and supports for our organisation. You must be a member to volunteer. If you would like to see how you might like to volunteer Download a Volunteer Interest Form
1 year $25, 2 years $45, 5 years $85
1 year $20, 2 years $35, 5 years $65
1 year $35, 2 years $65, 5 years $125
(*Concession rates apply to holders of pension or DVA cards. Note: discount for 2 & 5 years)
1 year $500