Membership - Become a Friend
Why not become a member of the Friends and support the wonderful Ballarat Botanical Gardens! Anybody can become a member, regardless of age, ability or experience. You can be involved as much or as little as you like. Some Friends take an active role while others join to support the Gardens financially.
Our active members enjoy the social connection of like-minded members while contributing to the Friends many projects. There are a number of Friends groups you can join and you will be welcomed warmly no matter what your skills.
Other not-so-active members are just happy to make a financial contribution to a worthy cause and to be kept informed about activities taking place in the gardens.
Benefits enjoyed by members
- Supporting the growth and development of the Gardens
- Making new 'Friends' with similar interests
- Learning new skills and sharing your skills
- Access to the Horticultural Reference Library and Historical Collection housed in the George Longley Building
- Friends quarterly newsletter - Wellingtonia and 'Friend News' emails
- Invitations to special events including Open Gardens, special Guest Speakers, tours of amazing public and private gardens and workshops.
- Being a valuable financial Supporter
Please show your current membership card to obtain the following discounts:
- Discount of $1.00 on plants from the Growing Friends Nursery behind the Robert Clark Centre and from the Plant Trolley outside the Conservatory.
- Spot on Pots - 10%.
- Ballarat Wild Plants, 435 Joseph Street, Ballarat East (by appointment only, call 5333 5548) - 10%.
- Avalon Nursery, 41 Kopkes Road, Haddon, telephone 5342 4519 - 5%.
- Formosa Gardens Nursery, Leith Street, Ballarat - 5%.
Fees & Application Form
If you would like to download a form to edit and email back, please download this membership application form (.docx)
Download a membership application form (.PDF)
Please return your form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or find our postal details here>>
1 year $25, 2 years $45, 5 years $85
1 year $20, 2 years $35, 5 years $65
1 year $35, 2 years $65, 5 years $125
(*Concession rates apply to holders of pension or DVA cards. Note: discount for 2 & 5 years)
1 year $500
For more information please contact our office.
Phone: 03 5342 9354 Office hours: Tuesday 1-4pm