Friends of Ballarat Botanical Gardens
Ballarat Heritage Festival
7th – 30th May - Book now for the 'Giant Tree' & 'Ferns' Talks!
Bookings for our interesting and topical two talks during the Heritage Festival are now available. The first series of talks looks at our Heritage Avenue of trees and the second the changes over time with our ferneries. Numbers strictly limited to 44 and so you will need to book early to secure a spot - click below.
· The Giants – A Sequoiadendron giganteum Avenue A range of speakers and afternoon tea on Saturday May 8th, 2pm
Members $5 - https://www.trybooking.com/BPTIG
· Ferns and the Ferneries Journey – A range of speakers and afternoon tea on Sunday May 30th 2pm.
Members $5 https://www.trybooking.com/BPTHE
For other great activities see below and online at Ballarat heritage Festival 2021 https://https://ballaratheritagefestival.com.au/
· Exhibition in the Conservatory on the tallest and biggest trees from California in our BBG. May 7th – 30th
· Guided tours every weekend focusing on BBG’s significance as a heritage site.
· Botanikids Activity focusing on “baby giants” May 8th
· Guided Tour of the Wellingtonia Avenue May 8th, 11am - Meet at the South Gate (not far from Tram Museum)
Autumn 2021 Wellingtonia available now.
Want to become a member of Friends of the Ballarat Botanical Gardens?
Find out more about becoming a friend here >>
11am every Sunday in Autumn and Spring. Provided by the Friends of Ballarat Botanical Gardens. Meet at the Conservatory.
An opportunity for locals and visitors to Ballarat to take a leisurely stroll through the gardens with a guide and find out more about the history and stories of our trees, statues and the changes and development underway in the gardens. Your guide will show you the highlights of this beautiful heritage listed garden. There is no need to book. Just turn up at the Conservatory and a guide will be there to take you on the tour. The tour lasts about an hour.